What Is Arbitrage Esports Betting?
Arbitrage esports betting is one of the most lucrative betting techniques out there. Experienced gamblers use arbitrage betting on esports events to guarantee their profits and ensure that their bet is one hundred percent risk-free.
What Is Arbitrage
Firstly, let's try to define the term arbitrage. Arbitrage is when people take advantage of the differences in prices in different markets. Products are not priced the same in all parts of the world. There are different prices for the same product in different markets, like Asian or Australian markets.
For example, let's say a particular finished product is worth $50 in the Chinese market, and that same product is worth $200 in the American market. One can take advantage of this difference in prices by buying it from the cheaper market and selling it in the expensive market.
All about Arbitrage Esports Betting
Esports arbitrage betting is a technique where gamblers take advantage of different odds on different online betting sites to guarantee a profit regardless of the outcome.
Bookmakers usually have similar odds for esports events. For example, if a popular team is going up against an underdog, all bookmakers will consider that the underdog team has a low chance of winning. However, sometimes bookmakers disagree with each other on outcomes for an esports event, which creates an arbitrage opportunity.
For example, let's say that Bookmaker A considers that Team A is less likely to win and has odds of 2.04 for Team A winning. On the other hand, Bookmaker B thinks that Team B is less likely to win in the same event and has odds of 2.08 for Team A to win.
If you bet $100 on both of these outcomes, you are guaranteed a return of over $200, where the amount that you get over $200 is your profit.
How to Use Esports Arbitrage Betting?
To use arbitrage betting, first of all, you will need to find two online esports bookie that disagree with a particular outcome.
For example, let's say that there is an esports match going on between Team A and B. Bookie A has odds of 2.09 for Team A and 1.90 for Team B. For the same event, Bookie B has odds of 1.88 for Team A and 2.11 for team B. Both bookies disagree on who is going to win.
Once you find odds like this, select the outcome with the highest odds from both Bookies and place bets on them. In this case, you will bet on Team A at Bookie A with odds of 2.09. You will also bet on Team B at Bookie B with odds of 2.11.
In this example, it is clear that if you place a bet of $100 on both outcomes, you will get $209 or $211 in return. So, you will either get a $9 or an $11 guaranteed return.
You might be wondering if there is a way to use arbitrage esports betting and get the same return instead of one being $9 and one $11. Well, there is a way, and for that, you need to learn some calculations explained in later sections.
Esports Arbitrage Betting Tips and Tricks
Before we explain what calculations you need to use in arbitrage betting, here are some tips that you can use to get better results while trying out arbitrage esports betting.
- Choose Bets With Two Possible Outcomes Only: Things can get way too complicated if you try to use arbitrage betting on bets with more than two outcomes. In most cases, arbitrage is not possible with more than two outcomes. So, unless you are an expert, you should not try arbitrage betting on bets with more than two outcomes.
- Double Check Your Calculations: While using arbitrage betting, you will be doing several calculations. If any of these calculations are wrong or have some error in them, the arbitrage might not work. You might also end up losing a lot of your money. It is a good idea to always double-check all your calculations and make sure that there are zero errors.
- Learn To Switch Bookamekrs Quickly: Bookmakers constantly update their odds, and you never know when an arbitrage opportunity arises. You should be able to switch from one bookmaker to another quickly and effectively.
Calculating Arbitrage Betting
There are two main things that you need to calculate while using arbitrage esports betting. The first thing is the arbitrage percentage, which determines if the odds are applicable for arbitrage betting. The next thing is the amount staked, which are the amounts you need to stake on each outcome to guarantee a similar profit.
Arbitrage Percentage Calculation
To check whether the odds allow an arbitrage, you need to take the highest odds from both bookies, divide them by one, add them up, and then divide the sum by 100. If the answer is under 100, then you have an arbitrage. This number is called the arbitrage percentage.
The calculations for the above example are as follows:
(1/2.09 + 1/2.11) x 100 = 95.24.
Arbitrage Stake Calculation
You can calculate the amount you need to stake to get a similar return by dividing the odds by 1, multiplying it by 100, then multiplying it by your total betting amount, and then multiplying it by the arbitrage percentage.
If you have a total of $200 to bet in the above example, your calculations would be:
- (((1/2.09) x 100) x 200) / 95.24 = 100.48
- (((1/2.11) x 100) x 200) / 95.24 = 99.52
So, you need to bet $100.48 on the outcome with odds of 2.09 and $99.52 on the one with odds of 2.11. In this way, you will get a guaranteed return of around $10.
Esports Arbitrage Betting Step by Step
To help you better understand how you can use arbitrage betting on esports events yourselves, here is a step-by-step guide for esports arbitrage betting.
- Step 1: Find two bookmakers that disagree on an outcome of a particular esports event. Make sure that there are only two outcomes for that bet.
- Step 2: Pick out the outcome with the highest odds from both bookmakers. Make sure that it is not the same outcome, or else it would mean that both bookmakers agree on it.
- Step 3: Calculate the total arbitrage percentage and make sure that it is below 100. If it is above 100, then arbitrage is not possible.
- Step 4: Decide how much total money you want to use for the arbitrage bet.
- Step 5: Use the total money you want to bet, the odds of both outcomes, and the formula we have mentioned above to calculate the amount that you need to stake on each bet.
- Step 6: Wait for the bet to conclude and enjoy your winnings.
About the author
Ethan Williams, a lively 24-year-old lad from the UK, brilliantly fuses his passion for online casinos with top-notch English localisation, creating bespoke casino guides for Britain's keen gaming lot.